Saturday, September 26, 2009

GAJA

This place is pretty legit when it comes to their "okonomiyaki." Ever since I've moved back to the states from Japan I've been craving this comfort food. I've found restaurants where you can order some sort of version from their menu but without customizing and making it yourself it loses it's appeal.

I ordered the "tako" and threw some kimchee into the mix and that stuff was "cho oishii." Their servings are pretty large as well. You can make about three good sized pancakes with the mixture they provide.

The other items on the menu were pretty good however I wasn't a fan of their versions of "takoyaki." Their parfaits on the other hand, are OUT OF THIS WORLD delicious. If it wasn't too far from where I lived, I would keep coming back for their parfait selection alone.

When checking this spot out make sure to leave room for a parfait in the end. For first timers, I'd suggest going with the cream puff eclair one.

Or... you can be like me and start with dessert first. Remember, you can always box up and take home an entree but that theory doesn't work as well the other way around.


Location: Gaja
2383 Lomita Blvd
Lomita, CA 90717

No comments:

Post a Comment